POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ringworld re-re-revisited : Re: Ringworld re-re-revisited Server Time
4 May 2024 13:38:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ringworld re-re-revisited
From: David Buck
Date: 31 Oct 2005 13:22:49
Message: <436660f9$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:
> David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:
>
>>The 3.6.0 source code is the latest I can access, so I can't make the
>>change on 3.6.1.  I've asked Chris Cason to make the change in the
>>latest stream so it will appear in the 3.7 betas.  He'll have to decide
>>whether or not to make the change.
>

> Everything's alright! I found a copy of 3.6.0 on one of the mirror sites,
> plugged in the new pvengine, fired it up and it works a treat. I'll post
> some results tomorrow (when it's finished rendering!).
>
> It seems to be running more slowly that the previous version - is there a
> time cost for this alteration or is it something I've done? If there's a
> demand for it maybe the tolerance could go into global_settings or
> something...
>
> Thanks anyway David! That's end-user support above and beyond the call of
> duty, I'd say. Microsoft, take note... :)
>
> Bill

Well, I'm not part of the POV-Ray development team any more and haven't
been for over 12 years, so it's not really end-user support - consider
it peer-to-peer support.  In any event, it's my pleasure.  I always like
seeing creative scenes that people make with POV-Ray and if I can do
some small amount of work to help them, I'm happy.  I look forward to
seeing your pictures.

David Buck